- This event has passed.
Professional Services Night
April 26 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA) LA’s April event gives social enterprises the opportunity to receive valuable professional advice at zero cost.
To attend, social entrepreneurs only pay the $15 ticket price, which includes a free drink ticket. As always, the event is free for members of the SEA – Click here to become a member of the SEA today. At the event, attendees will attend workshops and have the opportunity to discuss their business challenges with industry experts. This advice is being graciously donated by a team of professionals on a pro bono basis, with more than $10,000 in total estimated value being contributed.
Whether you’re early in the planning stages, trying to optimize your exisitng business, or just want to meet people interested in social enterprise – don’t miss your oppoutunity to take advantage of these valuable services! We hope the connections made at this event will lead to ongoing collaborations, and enable impactful social enterprises to reach the next stage in their growth.
- 6:30 – 7pm: Doors open. Tour of West Monroe’s Downtown office; meet and greet with volunteers.
- 7:00pm: Event introduction and announcements; guiding materials passed out.
- 7:15 pm: Volunteers break into dedicated consultation rooms, workshops begin.
- Throughout the night: Social enterprise networking mixer in common room, drinks and light refreshments served
Professional Services volunteers include:
- West Monroe Partners – Host; Business and Technology Consultants
- Kind Traveler – Social Media for Social Good
- Blue Garnet – Social Purpose Strategy Consulting
- Momentum Solutions – Public Relations and Communications
- Sidebench – Technology, User Experience, and Product Strategy
- Knit Marketing – Digital Marketing and Advertising
- Brett Heeger, Andrew Kimmel – Law & Patent Attorneys
- And more
What is Social Enterprise?
In short, social enterprise is the proven, growing practice of adopting business principles in order to enact change. Social enterprises balance both margin and mission, while changing their client’s lives.
The Social Enterprise Alliance is the advocate for this movement – a hub of information & education, and the builder of a vibrant and growing community of social enterprises. Our member institutions include 501(c)3s, for-profits, and hybrid models in between. Each of these enterprises uses the power of business to make the world a better place.
This event is free for SEA members, and $15 for non-SEA members. One free drink and light refreshments will be provided.
Note: Some practices will not be able to targeted advice or recommendations to the extent that some others will. For example, there are crucial confidentiality considerations within the legal field that will limit the targeted advice that can be given. All professional services volunteers will give their insight as best practices, and will only specific recommendations to the extent that they can legally do so.