About Social Enterprise Alliance Los Angeles
Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA) Los Angeles supports and advances the practice of social enterprise throughout the Los Angeles community.
Our chapter membership includes an active community of organizations and individuals at the forefront of the social enterprise movement. From enterprising non-profits and mission-driven for-profits, to supporters, consultants, academics and others, SEA’s membership is as diverse as the movement itself. What unites SEA members is a vision of social enterprise to address basic needs and create opportunity for all through effective, efficient and sustainable solutions.
SEA-LA is the SoCal regional chapter of the national Social Enterprise Alliance (SEA) organization, which is based in Nashville, TN. Our organization is currently one of 17 regional chapters around the country working to advance the growth of social enterprises. SEA is the leading membership organization in North America for social enterprises, service providers, nonprofit organizations, corporations, and venture capitalists that are actively building the field of social enterprise through networking opportunities, educational forums, strategic partnerships, and impact legislation. Our members are passionate about changing their communities, and we are passionate about providing them with the resources required to grow their enterprises and social impact.
What Drives Us
We witness and experience the impact of local social enterprises daily, enterprises that balance both margin and mission initiatives while changing their client’s lives. We envision social enterprise as a proven, growing practice method for creating a more just & sustainable world. The Social Enterprise Alliance is the advocate for this movement, a hub of information & education, and the builder of a vibrant and growing community of social enterprises. We are passionate about social enterprise, and are driven by serving the people and organizations who continue to work or are interested in joining this rapidly growing sector.
What We Do
SEA-LA connects the vibrant community of social enterprise by hosting learning and networking opportunities among social enterprises, foundations, lenders, educators, corporations, and service providers in the LA region. SEA-LA can help you grow your network, share your story, and build your capacity.
SEA supports its members with knowledge, connections, resources and recognition so they can thrive.
Chapter Benefits Highlights
(benefits vary depending on membership level)
- Connections with like-minded individuals and organizations through events, membership directory, job boards, affinity groups, and mentorship program.
- Promotions through logo placement, posting articles and videos in the Knowledge Center, and featured stories in newsletters and social media posts.
- Advocacy focused on four key policy areas: Homelessness & Housing, Reentry & Criminal Justice, Procurement, and Sustainability. As a non-profit, we do not endorse a particular candidate or legislation, but will highlight measures that may impact social enterprises and promote social enterprises doing good work in these key areas.
- Education about public sector opportunities with the City of Los Angeles and the County of Los Angeles who are both supportive of the social enterprise sector. SEA-LA can help you navigate on initiatives such as:
- The County of Los Angeles launched the Social Enterprise Certification and Procurement Preference program in 2016 increasing access for social enterprises to receive public contracts.
- LA City has multiple employment initiatives for target populations, utilizing employment social enterprises as the mechanism for transitional employment and job readiness.